Website JCPenney Company Inc.
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: JOB CODE(S): Cashier 040021
Contributes to profitable sales growth by actively identifying and fulfilling customer needs throughout the checkout process
REPORTS TO: KEY PARTNERSHIPS:
Customer Experience Supervisor, Cashier Assistant, Specialty
General Manager SVG 3-6
Associates, Sales Floor Associates, Operations Associates and
Assistant Manager of Customer Experience SVG 1 & 2
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE:
- Customer Service & Sales
– Greets and assists customers in finding products and delivers outstanding customer service
– Partners with other team members when additional support is needed
– Actively listens to customer issues in a calm and agreeable manner to resolve problems
– Promotes FindMore with associates to drive sales and enhance customer service
– Assists with credit, rewards and gift card programs throughout the store
– Actively and enthusiastically engages customers to support the company’s Instant Credit Application Process (iCAP)
- Checkout Standards
– Completes checkout processes including returns and re-ticketing
– Assists with the signing and merchandising standards at all checkouts
– Assists with stocking and merchandising Impulse Fixtures
– Proactively calls for assistance when additional help is needed in checkout
– Proficiently utilize Point of Sale on Mobile Warrior device to support line management efficiencies
– Notifies leadership when supplies are running low and assists with replenishment
- General Operations
– Assists with Omnichannel efforts as needed
– Assists with recovery, merchandise go backs, replenishment and other operational tasks
– Participates in annual inventory processes
- Performance Standards
– Supports company shrink and safety initiatives
– Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limited to) the company’s iCAP program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance
- Proposes and initiates actions on new ideas that improve our product, stores or practices.
- Listens to ideas and suggestions and applies ideas when appropriate, champions new initiatives.
- Encourages self and others to stretch beyond current capabilities and actively searches for ways to do more with less.
- Acts as a catalyst for change by challenging the status quo and motivating others to make improvements.
- Applies a growth mindset by seeing change as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Demonstrates business and functional expertise and stays current with developments in the retail industry; applies learning to drive company goals.
- Gathers necessary information to fully understand the scope of the problem; applies critical thinking to develop options, identify
assumptions and consider impacts.
- Uses fact-based analysis to guide decision-making; summarizes analysis clearly and succinctly and recommends a course of action.
- Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others’ accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace.
DEMONSTRATES * Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level.
LEADERSHIP * Gives and is open to constructive performance feedback; holds self and others accountable for performance and actions.
- Creates a culture of development by coaching and teaching others.
- Aligns goals, processes, and culture to create momentum and champion a One Team approach.
- Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs.
- Builds relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others and listens first before drawing conclusions.
- Develops positive and inclusive relationships across the organization.
- Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals.
- Implements project/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes action.
- Effectively delegates work and communicates plans and expectations to others.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and acts decisively and quickly.
- Establishes aggressive goals and takes appropriate risks to achieve results.
- Shows confidence when challenged and will do the right thing even when it’s hard.
- Strives to achieve excellent results by creating a culture of continuous improvement.’
- One location
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $14.25 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.